Monday, May 2, 2016

Quincy enginehouse

I'm building 2 models of the aforementioned enginehouse. I picked one up on eBay and found that the seller had started it and glue wood siding over the cardboard instead of corrugated metal as per the prototype. So I decided to go ahead and build two of them, a wood sheathed version and a scratch built one with corrugated metal.

The wood one was built first and was a very straight forward build. I used a Peco engine inspection pit and Woodland scenics LED lamps. The fence is Central Valley and a few figures and detail castings were added to the diorama.

The other building was built using individual board on board. I used the kits corrugated metal and weather it using AK washes and chalks. 

Above you can see the walls before I added the metal sheathing. I wasn't sure we're or how big the openings for the tool room and machine shop were, so I made a guess. I made both openings towards the rear, thinking that if they were working on something, they would like to be out of the weather and could have the engine sitting partially outside and not block the openings.


Below is the assembled structure.

Not sure if I'll finish the roof since I want to add interior details later. You see that I re-weathered the tool room.

Here are both buildings 


The structure on the left (diorama) is for sale. $350 which includes shipping. If interested, drop me a note.
Spaceway1999@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment