Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baseboard and TT install

Today I banged out the baseboard (foamcore glued to 1x3's and edged with 1/8 x 4 inch trim)

This pic shows the layout of the TT and RH

Once I was happy with the placement, I poked a hole every 10 degrees with my rusty,trusty Xacto knife.

After I did that, I have a nice pattern to cut out to.


 
then I slowly sawed away
 


 
Within a few minutes, we have a hole!


 
Next, cut a slot for the optical sensor and V slots for the mounting lugs. I set the TT on the foam and lightly pressed down, which left impressions on the top. Don't forget to make sure the "No track Zone" is not where you may want to put any track! I made mine to be at 90 degress from the roundhouse


 
Next step is to make sure it works before I take it apart and modify it for Hon3
 
I will also be adding a Model Masterpices ash pit and Campbells coal tower


Off to look for a power supply and see how it works.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment