Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Narrow gauge turntable and roundhouse.
My other project is for a good friend of mine. I'll be using the Sargents roundhouse from Banta Modelworks and an N scale Walthers turntable to spin the engines around on. Firebox models makes conversion kit for it, which makes life easier for me (since I'm lazy)


This is a real nice kit.
 
TT conversion kit by Firebox Models
 
 
And the turntable by Wally World

 

 
 
 
 
I'm using Miniwax to stain all the wood. This colour is real close to the laser cut edges, so it all matches.

The pit walls being built

I
I built the pit walls first. I painted them a light grey and weather them with chalks and inks

I've weathered the interior pit walls before gluing them in, since it much easier the do when they are flat.
 
Here are 2 of the pits, less the interior walls
The floor gets covered with cinders, but I still painted the floor in order to seal it against moisture




Next steps are to lay this out on the base I built.
I'm using foamcore glued to 1x3's


No comments:

Post a Comment