Thursday, January 2, 2014

Finished up all the walls today. I dry brushed the battens with some rust colored paint and also lighty sanded them. This helps breakup the solid look of red paint. I also brushed on some lighter colored chalks on the wall (before putting the battens on) in order to give them more colour variations.
Here you can see that I stained the interior with grey ink.
The outside is painted Tuscan red


Before putting on the battens I test fit them, then removed the paper backing. Starting from the center of the wall, I slowly laid out the batten overlay and once I liked it's position, I pressed them down hard. Be careful, once down they don't want to be removed!!!

The oak colored interior framing contrast nicely with the outside walls.
Might dust the insides with some chalk to help tie it together.

You can see the subtle highlights of the battens.
Hard to tell in this pic, but I stained the lower 1/4 inch of the walls darker.
I also made up the exhaust stacks and got the doors painted.
I won't install them (the doors) until this building is on the diorama.
 
Next up.
Not sure what colour to paint the windows?????
Guess I'll build the roof next. That's going to be a mindless task of cutting millions of rafters........
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment