Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sargent RH roof

I finally finished the roof project
After gluing down the tarpaper, I airbrushed all the seams black. To do this I set the airbrush down to a very fine line. After that was done, I sprayed the roof with Tamiya black-green.

After that all dried, I glued down the vents and sprayed them with Testors exhaust


I then sprayed the whole roof with a diluted black wash, which I did while cleaning my airbrush

Need to fix the corner as I see the paper is lifting a bit.
 
Airbrushed some soot to the underside of the roof

I'll add the doors and  talk about the pit installation when I install it. Not sure when that will be as I'm still waiting on my turntable to come back from Walthers. It seems that have had a few of the N scale TT's get returned!. In the meantime, I'm starting to work on the coaling tower

No comments:

Post a Comment