Monday, May 12, 2014

Taking apart the N scale turntable

Taking apart the N gauge TT
The instructions are pretty straight forward and I had the TT apart in about 5 minutes.
First, the counterweights come out

Then the brackets holding the wheels

The other end

3 screws hold the deck

New sides have been attached. Before I glued these on, I used a sanding stick along the original deck sides to make sure that they were smooth. I had already painted and weathered this sometime time ago

I sanded the top of the bridge, avoid hitting the circuit card. I covered it with tape before sanding.
Here I've added the underdeck pieces on. You need to cut this into 2 sections where the wires come out of the bridge.
I was thinking about replacing the top of the deck with real wood. When I checked the kit piece against the original deck, horrors! the kit piece is too freaking short! Ugh!!! I guess the thinking is over, I need to use real wood after all......
The kit piece is laying on top of the N scale bridge and you can see it's about 1/4 inch or so too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment