Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Engine terminal track plan, Coaling tower and ash pit install

Installing the coaling tower
Still need to add the elevated track to the coal drop


All the track is mostly down, still need to add the track to the coal drop next to the coal tower. I used Woodland Scenics 4% incline for the ramp up with a piece of .010" styrene over the top to cover the slots in the foam. Used foam with a styrene overlay on the right side of the elevated track  in the picture below
 
While I was looking for something else, I came across an old Model Masterpieces ash pit that I vaguely remember having. Of course I find it AFTER the track is down.....
Not to worry, foam core is easy to cut.



All ready to install the pit casting. I'll paint the rail before I install the pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment