Friday, June 13, 2014

more progress on the HOn3 engine terminal

Got some more things done today.

Had to shim up the track to the turntable by .08" The problem being that the rails on the TT bridge are too high. The rails really need to be glued to the crosspieces of the bridge and not the deck. I thought about redoing it, but it might destroy the bridge. If you are thinking of doing this conversion, lay the rails on top of the 8x8 crosspieces, then plank around the rail.

I laid out the lines to cut out areas for the pits. I made the openings a little larger than the pit walls so I could have room to wiggle the roundhouse a bit if needed. I drew in the track centerlines. The roundhouse floor has the centerlines marked from the mfg, so that makes it easy

Foam core is easy to cut, much nicer than plywood!

 
I'll be adding .08" plastic to the floor underside to match the shim height

No comments:

Post a Comment